Re: [NTLK] NTLK OT for shame! was PlayMate

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 20:30:17 EST

on 06/12/2002 12:50 PM, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> A society that seems so scared about the basic functions that all humans
> perform is far from free in my view.
>
> Got even more scary when the city of Toronto removed (or wanted to remove?)
> all nudity from the museums a couple of years ago...

(Please note that none of the following is intended to be a comment about
Victor taking precautions to protect himself, which I understand, and which
I think Robert does too.)

I completely agree, Robert.

I was about to defend Toronto from Robert's slur :) when I suddenly
remembered a very silly thing that happened here a few years ago. An
obscure local band was supposed to play at some big public event in the City
Hall Square, but city council cancelled it because they thought the band's
name was sexist.

Luckily it didn't seem to hurt the band's career. Maybe you've heard of
them ... The Barenaked Ladies?

(Some people have absolutely no sense of humour.)

Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html