Re: [NTLK] Address Book transfer

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Dec 06 2002 - 01:56:27 EST

on 12/5/02 11:11 PM, Michael O'Brien at mikail_at_elfie.org wrote:

> Is there any reasonably painless way to transfer my accumulated
> addresses from my OS X Jaguar Address Book to my just-acquired-for-free
> Message Pad 100?
>
> The address book's on a Power Mac G4 (no serial ports); the Newton is
> plugged into a Performa 6214 running OS 9.0.4. Newton Connection Kit 2
> is installed on the Performa. The G4 also has Palm Desktop 4.0
> installed, MS Office 2001, and FileMaker Pro 5. The Macs share an
> Ethernet hub.

Since the two are connected to each other, I would find some way to export
from the Address Book to a text file, and move that text file to your
Performa, and then import it into the NCK file, and hence onto your Newton.
The only difficulty that I see is if the Address Book doesn't export to
text, tab-delimited files...

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland