Re: [NTLK] Pacific Northwest US Micro brews OWN YOU. WAS: Beer from Germany

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 05 2002 - 13:31:49 EST

You should have stayed on the East Coast! The Weeping
Radish in the Outer Banks of North Carolina makes the
best Reinheitsgebot German beer I have ever tasted in
the United States.
Their Weitzen is unbelievable. The brewmaster uses a
centuries old formula that his family used in Munich
(the birthplace of Octoberfest). Now they are working
on a purely organic brewery. They will grow and
process their own hops and use the waste as
fertilizer. It will take a few years to get going, but
it's going to be worth the wait!
I drive down to the Outerbanks several times a year
just to pick up a dozen or so 1-liter bottles (they
even have the ceramic flip-tops. I use the empties to
make root-beer!)
Most Total Beverages from Ohio east can get Weeping
Radish beer, or you can visit their website and order
online!
Ed (German beer drinker)
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- "William R.Dickson" <wrd_at_awenet.com> wrote:

> On Thursday, December 5, 2002, at 09:02 AM, Martin
> Joseph wrote:
>
> > I did enjoy several good german beers on a recent
> trip to my ancestral
> > home land, and I must say, if any of you want to
> taste really good
> > beer, please come to Seattle and visit, and I will
> take you to one or
> > several local brew houses that make there own.
> This is the German beer
> > making tradition of course, but made with out
> incomparable pacific
> > NW(US) hops.
>
> The beer is one reason I moved to Seattle from the
> east coast 11 years
> ago. Well worth a trip to Bellingham is the Orchard
> Street Brewery's
> Stock Ale (you can get it in bottles now, but don't
> -- on tap, it'll
> knock your socks right off, and I'm talking here
> about flavory
> goodness, not alcohol).
>
> -Bill

=====
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain."
 - Mr. Weasley - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.