Re: [NTLK] Spreadsheet for Newt?

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 17:50:39 EST

On 04/12/02 17:02, "im-wired_at_attbi.com" <im-wired_at_attbi.com> wrote:

> Q. What's the best spreadsheet program to run on my newt?
> Q1a. Is there one that's part of Newton Works?
> If so, do I have to install ALL of Works to get the SS functionality?
>
> I don't currently anticipate creating many spreadsheets from scratch on the
> newt. Mostly I just want to carry with me (import) various Excel spreadsheets
> that are in circulation at my place of work for reference when away from my
> desk.
>
> Recommendations for what .pkg to grab and where it can be found are welcome!

There is QuickFigure Pro, which costs money, and there is the
QuickFigureWorks module for NewtonWorks, that is free, but is a stripped
down version of QFPro. QFWorks can import and export spreadsheets to Excel,
depending on the version of Excel you're using.

You can grab the NewtonWorks modules from my web site at
<http://nemesys.dyndns.org/>.

-Laurent.

droid n.: [from `android', SF terminology for a humanoid robot of
essentially biological (as opposed to mechanical/electronic) construction] A
person (esp. a low-level bureaucrat or service-business employee) exhibiting
most of the following characteristics: (a) naive trust in the wisdom of the
parent organization or `the system'; (b) a blind-faith propensity to believe
obvious nonsense emitted by authority figures (or computers!); (c) a
rule-governed mentality, one unwilling or unable to look beyond the `letter
of the law' in exceptional situations; (d) a paralyzing fear of official
reprimand or worse if Procedures are not followed No Matter What; and (e) no
interest in doing anything above or beyond the call of a very
narrowly-interpreted duty, or in particular in fixing that which is broken;
an "It's not my job, man" attitude.