Re: [NTLK] Newton Fund

From: Anton (anton_at_the-wire.com)
Date: Wed Dec 04 2002 - 13:16:23 EST

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 12:14, eschneck_at_mindspring.com wrote:

> I am sorry to see that the discussion of a Newton Development Fund has
> veered into the topic of creating a new Newton=2E I would be much happier=
> continue using my Newton, and to see some of the following functionality
> that could be achived by a development fund:
>
> Software:
> ---------
> An IrComm stack
> An Acrobat reader

Add:

  A full and proven JAVA engine with network libraries etc...

> Hardware:
> ---------
> A clear/tinted plastic case
> An aluminum case

As they say "cool" but surely there are higher priorities.

> Audio out (built-in or an amplified dongle)
> A color screen

Now *that* I'd buy. Not because its "cool" but because colour is
so much easier on the eyes. many applications are awkward because the
boundaries are not clear in mono.

> A membrane keyboard for the inside of the flip-lid

I'd buy one of those as well.

> A rechargable battery tray

Not a priority today, but with the other things, yes.
In fact some emergency power tools and the like should be in this slot.

/anton

--
It is against the grain of modern education to teach children to
program.