Re: [NTLK] eMate vs Alphasmart Dana

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 20:30:57 EST

Well I'm the one who mentioned the Dana here (and promptly got my butt handed to
me :P ). I like the Dana a lot. However I don't know how 'net friendly' it is.
My HandEra 330, for example, will work pretty well with a CF Ethernet card and I
think one or two of the WiFi cards out there. My only reason for mentioning it
was that if someone is a student and needs something that will connect easily to
a PC, and take notes until the cows come home, then the Dana is a good choice.

Now can you organize those notes the way you can with a Newton and say,
HyperNewt? Nope. Sadly you can't. But at least it's *something* that's a
reasonable solution, esp. given the 400 dollar price tag.

YMMV, of course.

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net