Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V2 #824

From: Adam Tow (tow_at_tow.com)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 15:23:09 EST

Robert:

>Hello Adam, very nice to have to (temporarily?) back on the list!

Thanks. I've been testing out a wireless card on my Newton. Makes it
much more useful and fun now that I'm not tethered to an Ethernet
cable!

>> How about doing the soft-reset your Newton with extensions off and then
>> renabling DnD Names? Does that work?
>
>Just did and the mystery thickens, with just Address Access, DnD Names
>and Tasks active I either get errors right away or not at all, makes me
>wonder if there's an order involved.

Try running DnD Names with everything else turned off and see what
happens. I seem to remember that DnD Names modified one of the functions
in the Names application. One of the other apps might be overriding that
function as well.

>Will hit the storage and see if I can find the culprit, is there an
>easy way to find a corrupt name? Never had this before and I've got 897
>on my Newt...

Not sure. What I usually did was iterate through all the names in the NTK
Inspector. If you have a lot of names, that could take a while.

-adam

--
Adam Tow <adam_at_tow.com>
tow.com <http://www.tow.com/>