Re: [NTLK] "Insufficient memory to proceed"

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 09:02:50 EST

on 03/12/02 05:02, Robert Benschop at rbenschop_at_euronet.nl wrote:

> on 03-12-2002 9:13, IM-WIRED_at_attbi.com at IM-WIRED_at_attbi.com wrote:
>
>> I get the following error on the Mac's screen (NCU).
>> "The operation was not completed because the following error has occurred:
>> Unrecoverable error -- Insufficient Memory to Proceed.:"
>> I'm not sure whether the error is referring to a lack of memory on the PPC
>> or the Newt so I hacked out the games-n-gadgets to clear 2687K of free
>> internal memory AND I jacked up the memory allocation for NCU on the
>> Mac to 20mb. The error persists.
>
> The memory allocation should preferably be twice of the total what's in your
> Newt, if my memory serves me correctly...

For backup, I always heard that you would need the amount of the memory card
you're using in your Newton plus at least 4 MB. So, if you're using a 20 MB
flash RAM card, then you should allocate at least 24 MB. It is quite
possible that a backup is performed before the import. I've seen it
happening when trying to export from the Newton.

There might be something wrong with the file structure, or maybe a 3rd party
Names "enhancer" is causing problems.

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1) choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally, to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."