Re: [NTLK] The future of the Newton: A course to bring it to new place

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 06:58:50 EST

on 03-12-2002 12:44, Joel M. Sciamma at joel_at_inventors-emporium.co.uk wrote:

> Are we creating a new computer company?
>
> Design:
> To create a new PDA/Tablet is not a matter of just getting off-the-shelf
> hardware and OS then pinning a UI on the front of it.

I wouldn't think this is realistic, as far as I can see the fund could
function for projects as David Humphreys seems to be developing as far as
I'm concerned, but I seem to remember that he wasn't interested.

We'll never have the financial clout to develop more than cool hardware
improvements to our current Newtons, and frankly, that good enough for me.

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html