Re: [NTLK] Apple Repair Rates

From: David Orriss Jr (dave_at_davenet.net)
Date: Tue Dec 03 2002 - 01:23:48 EST

On Monday, December 02, 2002 8:48 PM,
Jesse Garnier <jesse_at_radiofreenewton.com> wrote:

> I can think of no good reason why a $195 repair on my dilapidated 2x00 is
> somehow more appealing than just buying a $100 replacement in excellent
> condition, yet somehow, it is. Is the "total repair" just that? Does
anybody
> know if I could expect a new touchscreen and backlight?

Last I heard if you have a touchscreen or backlight problem, then your
Newton is returned to you and your money refunded. Apple has run out of the
touchscreens.

I think the *only* reason that Apple still offers the program is because the
SEC and FTC regulations say that they need to provide repairs/service for 7
years after a product is "end-of-lifed". That means two more years.

--
David Orriss Jr.
dave_at_davenet.net

Please email me if you want my ICQ/AIM/IM ID's.