Re: [NTLK] The future of the Newton: A course to bring it to new places

From: Chris Myers (newtman_at_plumbrook.com)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 20:00:17 EST

> That is a wonderful idea. I think that it could work, though there's
> no way that I could back it up with the eloquence of how you put it.
>
> Do you have info on the efforts of the Japanese users? I'd be
> interested to see what channels they are going through, and what
> exactly they are hoping to see released.
>
> -James

One of my current projects is the translation of Japanese Newton sites into
readable English ( I will be presenting the first site in a few days). I came across
the petition on the main Japanese Newton usergroup, one with a very active
base.

It is at http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~newtonj/

Petition page: http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~newtonj/Signe/index.html

Run it through the Babel Fish translator and you can get an idea of what they
are/want to do.

http://www.cyborg.ne.jp/~newtonj/Signe/index.html

http://babelfish.altavista.com

Does anyone on this list able to speak and write Japanese? I don't actually
speak or write Japanese. I rely on the Babelfish to translate the site, then I go
through and redo the English so it makes sense. I am only doing small sites,
ones I can reliably translate.

Chris

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html