Re: [NTLK] DragNDrop Names

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Mon Dec 02 2002 - 17:37:10 EST

on 02-12-2002 11:11, Adam Tow at tow_at_tow.com wrote:

Hello Adam, very nice to have to (temporarily?) back on the list!

> Are you running any other applications that enhance the Names
> applications?

Yes, Address Access but have been doing so for the past I don't know how
many years.

> Have you tried deleting and then reinstalling DnD Names?

Yes.

> How about doing the soft-reset your Newton with extensions off and then
> renabling DnD Names? Does that work?

Just did and the mystery thickens, with just Address Access, DnD Names and
Tasks active I either get errors right away or not at all, makes me wonder
if there's an order involved.

Your post put my brain a bit harder to work and I did realize that I seem to
have some corrupt names, tried to relocate them to my card recently and got
into some errors. Ran Names Cleaner (thanks for making me remember that
name, Woo) and not all of them were 'approved'

Will hit the storage and see if I can find the culprit, is there an easy way
to find a corrupt name? Never had this before and I've got 897 on my Newt...

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html