[NTLK] eMate newbie questions screen smudge (blob), tcp/ip, etc...

From: M. Kadison (m.kadison_at_mimarchitect.com)
Date: Sat Aug 31 2002 - 15:20:05 EDT

I am back in the Newton circuit after 4 years, this time with an eMate.

There seems to be a gray pressure spot impression in the display as though
there is pressure being applied to the touchscreen, from the back or the
front... It is a gray circular blob that fades towards the edges,
approximately 1/2 an inch in diameter.

It dissapears with minimized contrast and becomes a black blob with it
increased.

Is there a way to get rid of thi annoyance. The surface and plane of the
screen appears to be perfect without any indication of any mishap that may
have caused this. Is it possible that there is an object in the back of the
screen that could be pushing against it ??

My next major question is: What type of software do I need to be able to
use my Megahertz ethernet card for a TCP/IP connection to my broadband
modem? is this even possible? I do have several Macs of an ethernet hub
with appletalk, sharing the broadband connection.

Oh, and one last thing if u don't mind... what is the most refined freeware
packages for POP email access, and web browsing?

Thanks. Matt.