[NTLK] OS X utils

From: Aaron Zinman (azinman_at_ucsd.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 22:25:25 EDT

Hello, I'm a new Newton user myself. I've so far read that there is no
utils for syncing/docking for OS X. Now up-to-date had a demo for
classic in its old version, but I don't know if it supports it in its
new and it doesn't matter because I'm guessing I cannot upload/download
files to the newton anyway in it. I notice that there is open source
software for *nix to do this, so wouldn't it be possible to port that
to OS X? Either using straight up commandline/xfree86 interfaces
(depending on the package), or taking the code and slapping a
carbon/cocoa end on it? I haven't received my serial dongle yet (it's
on its way), so I can't sync yet, but when I do would anyone be
interested in helping me write this? I haven't looked at any code out
there yet, so perhaps its easy enough for me to do, or maybe not. Does
anyone also know if Apple is planning on having an SDK for the upcoming
iSync so that a Newton sync is possible, or are they only going to
support the devices that they create modules for?

Thanks,

Aaron