[NTLK] more celphone help

From: TerryFischer_at_BoiseBuilding.com
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 13:23:34 EDT

I've been half-heartedly trying to connect my MP2100 to my celphone, =
with no sucess. After seeing these recent posts though, I thought I'd =
lay it out to the list members and see if anyone can make it happen for =
me!
I have Verizon service, (CDMA?) and an Ericsson A1228c phone. I have =
physically connected the MP and celphone as follows: dongle, Apple mini =
din to pc serial (DB-9?)cable, gender changer, Ericsson PC serial (again =
DB-9?) to celphone cable. I have tried the #777 Verizon number, and my =
ISP dial up number, and a local BBS dial up using PT100. I have tried =
all the modem scripts available to me. I have no idea if the physical =
cable connection makes the correct data connection. Any way to test =
this? There are also some modem scripts (I them found on either the =
Verison or Sonyerricson sites, can't remember which) available, but the =
only .pkg file is for an Ericsson GSM phone. The other scripts are for a =
PC. (Perhaps why the Ericsson cable ends with that PC type connector?) I =
had a look at the read me for Modem Modifier, but it looks way over my =
head. ;-) So there you have it folks, any and all opinions are welcome! =
I get digests at work, so email responses should go to tcfischer_at_mac.com
-Fish