Re: [NTLK] returning user ... some starting questions

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 29 2002 - 08:59:03 EDT

on 29/08/02 04:44, Joel M. Sciamma at joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com wrote:

> James,
>
>> My purchased Newton does not have a serial adapter, but I figured I
>> would be able to use IrDa to at least get the wireless drivers on it (I
>> have an unused Lucent card from a dead airport), and then I'd be all
>> set. Unfortunately I'm unable to get an IR connection to work.
>
> IrDa is actually not supported on the Newt.

Err, IrDA has basic support from all NOS 2.1-based Newton.

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin      AIM/RV: LaurentDaudelin    <http://nemesys.dyndns.org>

drone n.: Ignorant sales or customer service personnel in computer or electronics superstores. Characterized by a lack of even superficial knowledge about the products they sell, yet possessed of the conviction that they are more competent than their hacker customers. Usage: "That video board probably sucks, it was recommended by a drone at Fry's" In the year 2000, their natural habitats include Fry's Electronics, Best Buy, and CompUSA.