Re: [NTLK] Convert Contacts to vCards?

From: Heiko Cultus (heiko.cultus_at_edag.de)
Date: Mon Aug 26 2002 - 03:50:19 EDT

Luigi Giovanetti wrote:

> I just upgraded to MAC OX X.2 and I want to move my contacts in my
> MP2100 to MAC Adddress book via vCards.
>
> Is there any way to convert MP2100 to vCards?

Yes, i know one way. Backtalk can create vCards from your Names Database. I have
tried to make vCards from my contacts for the same reason like you. Unfortunatly
Backtalk has not converted the emailadresse. What i get was the Name, Adress,
Phone and Notes infos.
First I have converted all my contacts to a multi VCF with Backtalk:
-> Open Names, select all, under routing Button choose beam, choose ObEx, Encode
as: Multi VCF

Now we have to get the Infos from the outBox to the Mac. The only way i found
was with BinHex, Inspector and viewframe:
-> connect the Inspector under the NTK, open view frame, under the '+' button
choose Soup Browser, choose outBox, open the ObEx Entry in the list. Now the
soup entry is in the ViewFrame window. Choose the entry "body" in the list and
then choose "data".

You should now have a binary Object in the viewFrame window beginnig with
"BEGIN:VCARD...". (From here i am not sure what I did :) Under the envelope
button you can send the Data to the PC. After I have tried some of the points
under the envelope button I had a file called "xxxx.stream" on my desktop.
Change the .stream in .vcf and open the file with the Addressbook.

Heiko