Re: [NTLK] Newton Press error

From: Robert Locatelli (sickofthecrap_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 22 2002 - 07:02:07 EDT

> I can edit the text and everything, but everytime I try to compile the
> package, I get the following message (seems to be an assertion):
I got several error messages with NP too and under German MacOS 7.5.3 and
I'm quite shure that the move to 7.5.5 was a big improvement to several
problems with 7.5.3. Nowadays I use only MacOS9.1 and got meanwhile rid of
all the old 68xxx based machines and can't tell much. However, I remember
that something like editing the book in NP, saving and then exiting and
restarting NP helped to finally get the compile to finish. Also increase of
the memory partition to really big values (2x ... 4x) was helpfull or
necessary beside that either of the functions (compile or compile and
upload) could not be used. Another good idea is to delete some prefs files
as well as AppleShare prep. It might also be possible that your XTND filter
folder is not complete or damaged. Maybe it's a good time to get the Norton
Utilities to do its wonderfull job. You should also make shure that you
haven't re-installed any better version than 9.x of MacLinkPlus, but I don't
know how NP uses it, if at all.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG