Re: [NTLK] An eBay eMate with no touch screen response!

From: PCBman (pcbman_at_ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Aug 21 2002 - 19:49:46 EDT

Yes. I am near a solution. I am just waiting for samples (~ 3wks).

The bad news:

It is far too expensive to duplicate the original flex in small quantities.
I would need to invest at least $10,000. I would then be charging ~ $75 each
which is crazy.
There are very few who would want to spend this kind of money. :(

The good news:

I have discovered a way of using a more commonly available flex cable that
is functionally the same. In fact, I think it is better. The best part is
that they will be a lot cheaper. So much so that everyone will be able to
afford one.

When the details are worked out I will let you all know.

Regards,

PCBman