Re: [NTLK] Citizens PN50

From: Jonathan Ramos (imagraphicstudios_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Aug 20 2002 - 18:21:16 EDT

Hi Steven,

    I have a Citizen PN60, not the PN50, like your printer, so I hope this helps. My
printer can switch "personalities" as in it can choose to operate as a StyleWriter
(I or II), or as a Citizen printer. The Citizen printer driver supplied is
compatible with Classic Mac OS as I've printed from my Pbook G3 to it in emergency
once or twice before. The Newton Print Pack supports printing to StyleWriter I
(straight black and white) or StyleWriter II (grayscale). My Citizen PN60 also
understands the Canon BJ-10ex driver.

    First, use the VuePrint Menu to set your printer to StyleWriter I or II
personality, the PN60 will automatically choose personalities though when it
processes a file to print. Then from the Newton, when you print choose StyleWriter
I, or II, or the Canon BJ-10ex, whichever driver you have installed. It should print
normally afterwards.

Later,
imagraphic