Re: [NTLK] Looking for a Tamil font

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Mon Aug 19 2002 - 17:53:26 EDT

Hi,

   I just did a search on Yahoo and came up with this odd reference:

  Font Names Table
... 15, Icelandic, 74, Tamil. 16, Maltese, 75, Telugu. 17, Turkish,
76, ... The 'name' table
is not used by the Newton OS. ... table itself does not depend on other
tables in the
font ...
http://developer.apple.com/fonts/TTRefMan/RM06/Chap6name.html  (Search
within this site)

   I found a references to truetype Tamil font at:

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/5180/mylai1.html (Tamil font created by
Dr. K.Kalyanasundaram)

A whole slew of other truetype Tamil references can be found at:

http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=tamil+font+truetype&hc=0&hs=0

Jim