Re: [NTLK] Can someone explain Heap? OK, now explain "FreezePackages"

From: LA GREEN (lagoff1_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 18 2002 - 12:47:11 EDT

OK FREEZING is basically putting programs that you are not using in storage
of sorts. they are not active when they are frozen. so all the heap that
they would use while being active is unused. i have just recently started
freezing more oof my programs to have more heap available. but i am also
planning on going wireless and figured i may need the available heap.
basically say you have 40 games on a flash card. you dont play them all the
time or that often. you could freeze 30 of them and it might actually make
your newton go a little bit faster. if you hit the routing button (the
envelope) one of the options should be freezing, wait i think u need a prog
for that and it can be found here http://dlam.org/mypkg.html.

HTH,
LAG