Re: [NTLK] why's area code suddenly dialing in Phonecalls thru Names ?

From: Robert Locatelli (sickofthecrap_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Aug 15 2002 - 03:29:49 EDT

> I don't recall changing my Owner Info, but my phonecalls thru Names are
> suddenly including the area codes in local calls.
I had a few minutes playing with that as well and the only reason, except
programming errors in something strange you've installed, IMHO is that
something with your Owner Info or Location setting is wrong. If you e.g. do
a brain wipe and don't restore the system info soup then you'll loose your
Owner and Workplace cards, because they're stored internally only. But since
you see them the only reason I can think of is that there's e.g. an empty or
not completely filled Owner/Workplace card which is selected and you didn't
recognized it as selected.
An easy start to attack this problem would be to erase all Owner/Workplace
cards and enter all information from scratch. If you've beamed one of these
cards you might have got a beam error (e.g. from MP120 to MP2100) which left
binary crap in the area code or whatever field comes before. I had thisonce
in the past, in 1997.

--
With best regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing http://slsbd.psi.ch/~mmailand https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=YYD3VUXUVD2YG