Re: [NTLK] Newton and Wired

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 19:17:01 EDT

Victor,

> I actually knew about this a few weeks ago but was going to try and keep it a
> secret. The author interviewed me over the phone for about 20 minutes. I'm
> looking forward to the article.

This will be very interesting. I'm glad he talked to you - there will be no
excuse for inaccuracies or simplifications about the nature of our
community.

Leander Kahney has written some good articles for Wired in the past and Mark
Frauenfelder wrote 'Never Say Die' in Wired 8.03 - (Mar 2000) which descibed
other 'upgrade refuseniks' who treasure their older tech.

While not as rabid as some of those in that movement, I find myself very
attracted to the basic philosophy - if it works, keep it.

Joel.