Re: [NTLK] nokia cardphone

From: Simon Roberts (srob_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 09:54:24 EDT

on 13.08.2002 14:28 Uhr, machula at barpoes_at_xs4all.nl wrote:

> okay, crowd, I got one from e-bay.
> Got tired of fooling around with the nokia 9110 cables, modem settings etc.
> Bugging good souls with bugs of my provider, bad stuff that wouldnt
> solve itself.
>
> Now I am facing the task of reviving the modemcard, but it has been
> done before, so I have high spirits.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on. In theory, the Card Phone 2 works
quite well with the Newton.

In practice, however it hasn't worked out so simply for me. My main problem
is that my operator doesn't allow requiring a PIN before making a call to be
disabled. There is a modem command which sets the PIN, which I tried
embedding in the modem initialization string using Modem Modifier, but to no
avail - the card refuses to make a call. If your operator requires a PIN,
you'll have the same problem.

Using PT100 to make a call including, with the appropriate commands, HSCSD,
works just fine.

Good luck with your Card Phone.

Simon