Re: [NTLK] Cameras for Tibet

From: Daniel Padilla (daniel.padilla_at_wanadoo.es)
Date: Tue Aug 13 2002 - 03:47:34 EDT

> Daniel, if you're listening, what do you think of seeing if any info can
be
> gathered by looking at the code for the Nikon connection software? Might
> this open up a hack of Tibet for owners of the 990 and 995?
>
> Ken Whitcomb

    A few days ago, I made a hack to change the comunication speed between
tibet and my camera. Tibet sets the speed at 34800 bps, but I know that my
camera can work at 115200. Unfortunately, this change doesn't work for me.
It almost start to transfer the pics, but fails.

    I have uploaded tibet57600.pkg and tibet115200 to
http://guelph.unna.org/incoming/ please, try them and report if any of them
work for you.

    Also, I'm in the process of copying the Tibet source code. This will
open many possibilities, maybe new cameras. I'll let you know in a few
days.

Daniel Padilla