Re: [NTLK] Dead in the Water

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.nl)
Date: Mon Aug 12 2002 - 10:01:54 EDT

First if you would be so kind to tell us which Newt model you are talking
about,
Second did you tried all the things described below WITH or WIOTHOUT your
memory card?
Do you have a fresh backup?

I cannot imagine that moving out the memory card coould damage a Newt that
hard that it refuses the deep reset procedure.

Maybe you did not perform the deep reset procedure right (and do it WITHOUT
memory card): you need to press reset AND power on at the same time AND KEEP
it in this position until something happens on the screen - a window should
appear asking if you really want to delete the entire memory.

But the Newt should do the same thing after removing ALL power for more than
4 to 6 hours (in case of a MP2x00 model) or removing the backup battery for
MP1x0 models.

Johannes