[NTLK] vcal

From: Dave Fleishman (fleishman_at_lawyer.com)
Date: Sat Aug 10 2002 - 01:21:52 EDT

FWIW,

I just downloaded the new update for the iPod to see how the calendar
feature works. I currently use Claris Organizer as my primary
calendar program, since it still synchs with my 2100. What I did was
open my Organizer file in the new Palm Desktop 4.0 (that does NOT
synch with my Newt) and export both the calendar and contacts files
to vCal and vCard, respectively. I then moved those exported files
to my iPod. Whole process was less than a minute. The calendar and
contacts work nicely on the iPod, though it's no Newt! What I'm
really hoping for is some way to synch my Newt to either Palm Desktop
4.0 or to the Jaguar Address Book and iCal. Am I asking too much? I
know Newtourage synchs names for Entourage, but my names don't change
that often. My calendar changes daily.

For the programming gurus, how hard would it be to synch the Newt to
either Palm Desktop 4.0 or iCal and Address Book? It seems kind of
like jump starting a Porsche with a Model T, but hey, the Model T did
exactly what it was supposed to do and did it simply. Like my Newt.

Dave