Re: [NTLK] Whats better, Emate or Messagepad?

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 21:10:53 EDT

   Depends on what you're doing. The eMate is slower than the MP2x00 machines but as fast or faster than other Newtons. The built-in keyboard is a real plus if you're typing in a lot of material or working with text. The MessagePads are smaller and lighter, but probably less rugged.
   I have several MessagePads (100, 120, 130, 2000 upgraded to 2100, 2100 and an eMate). The upgraded 2000 is my main machine. However I use the eMate for manipulating text and spreadsheets (larger screen) and take it with me when I go Geocaching (rugged, integrated keyboard are useful here).
   The 100 is great for shopping lists.
   So, I'd have to say that 'better' depends on the task ... the right tool for the job.

Peter