Re: [NTLK] Newton and the new iApps

From: Stephen Jendraszak (stevehj_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 15:26:15 EDT

People are working on it. Right now, it is possible to export your
Newton Names as a text file, and use a Perl script to convert them into
vCards, which the Address Book can read. I'm hoping someone can write a
similar program to convert Newton Dates into a vCal and/or .ics file.
(.ics is the native format of iCal and Entourage).

Now, as for true *synching* (as opposed to just exporting the Newton
data into those programs), that is a bit more complicated. But there
are people working on a SyncML (iSync-compatible) implementation for
the Newton. That would probably take a bit longer, though, and may be a
very complicated project.

sj

http://homepage.mac.com/stevehj