[NTLK] Dropping the Newt (was: Re: Me & my MP)

From: victor_at_newtontalk.net
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 10:19:58 EDT

Hrm. I think I can remember every single time I've dropped my Newtons:

-130: twice. Once while at work, was hustling for an elevator when I tripped
randomly on the carpet. I went sprawling on the ground, and the 130 was in
my hand and I guess I let go of it in order to soften my fall. 130 hit the
ground, stylus, battery cover, screen cover all went flying in
different directions. I picked myself up, collected the pieces, put them
back in place and kept going. The battery didn't come out, so it didn't
even need a reset. I don't remember the other time, other than I did it
again. Both times there was no sign of physical damage to the case.

-2100: once. I think I was giving a demo to someone and swiveled it around
in my hand to show them something, when it slipped and dropped. My PC
cards went flying (I guess the 1x0's locking mechanism is really good!),
but after reinserting them and a restart I was back. No physical damage
either.

-- Victor