Re: [NTLK] Claris XTND

From: Joel M. Sciamma (joelsciamma_at_compuserve.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 19:48:36 EDT

ooW,

> Re-install NCU.

This is not neccer-celery true.

Most Macs don't like having more than one copy of the XTND power enabler
installed - some put it in the extensions folder and some put it in the same
folder as the application. Not all XTND power enabler versions are created
equal - the best I have found is 1.0b6 and it should live in the Extensions
folder and all others should be deleted.

Different Claris apps. install different versions of the Claris XTND System
and NCU will work with all of them (that I have had) but other Claris apps.
are more particular.

I have found that XTND System 1.3.8 plays with MacWrite Pro 1.5, NCU,
ClarisImpact 2.0, ClarisWorks 4.0 and FileMaker 4.0/5.0

Also I can't remember if the NCU installs the Newton Works translator which
is very handy, especially with MacWrite Pro which is the same code reused in
the Newt.

Joel.