Re: [NTLK] Getting an MP 2000 online & Stuff I need

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 18:06:14 EDT

None of the applications you mention comes in ROM.
Only the eMate has applications in ROM.
You can get everything you need from Unna.
You can load these applications in several ways. Beam
(some don't beam) Modem/network and direct connect.
The beam has some problems with certain copy protected
apps.
The Modem/Network requires some things to be installed
prior to use. The direct connect requires a cable with
the dongle built in or a seperate dongle.

As far as I know, there's no real way of connecting to
the desktop machine via a dialup connection.

There is one other method. That is to have someone
send you a RAM card with these things already
installed so you can just pop it in and you're ready
to go.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Black Crow <ideaparkgeek_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
<snip>
> Me thought NewtWorks came IN the ROM. I am guessing
> I was saldy mistaken....
> Me ALSO thought that NetHopper was in the ROM -or-
> at least NIE. My guess is the same reason as
> above.
> Is there anyway to get a Newt online without such
> beasts?
>
> If not, is there a way of using the modem to either
> a) Dialup and get the update (never even heard
> of this feature but discovered it today) or b)
> somehow dial into my dialup computer and download
> applications? My guess is I am going to be spending
> ALOT of money getting the keyboard, dongle and
> battery cage along with a serial cable.
<snip>

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting