Re: [NTLK] Basilisk and ethernet

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 17:09:06 EDT

wow...it's been a while...I should've written this
down when it was fresh.
There are three important things to do. One is to make
sure that the ethernet drivers for Basilisk are
configured in your network properties in Windows and
two, is to make sure that the NIC for you Newt is set
up work on AppleTalk.
Three, make sure you get the ROM (32bit clean) source
and the full OS with NCU already installed...I believe
that it's floating around from one of the people from
this list.
With these three things taken care of, you will reduce
your problems to a great degree.
If you can give some specifics as to what you are
having problems with, perhaps I can be a bit more
precise.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Christopher Frazier <cfrazier_at_webplantation.com>
wrote:

> > I was wondering if there was a good guide for
> setting up Basilisk to
> Sync with your newton via ethernet?
>
> I was looking at Ed Kummel's Newton web server and
> he has some notes
> about having done this. It's light on details, so I
> was about to e-mail
> him myself about how he pulled this off. Ed - do
> you have any specifics
> on how you got Ethernet sync going with Basilisk and
> NCU? I've had no
> luck myself and am wondering what all to look for.
> Thanks!
>
> Chris
>

> --
> Read the List FAQ/Etiquette:
> http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
> Read the Newton FAQ:
> http://www.chuma.org/newton/faq/

=====
"I believe that viewers who skip television commercials are Thieves who are guilty of Stealing network programming"
 - Jamie Keller CEO/Chairman Turner Broadcasting