Re: [NTLK] [OT] Nextel

From: Jason Knight (burningchrome98_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Aug 05 2002 - 02:01:57 EDT

> All things considered, choose the provider that serves your needs best
> at the best cost. And Nextel's rates -- particularly their $99
>unlimited, which they offered in some markets not long ago -- are hard to
>beat.

Agreed. If you are looking at Sprint for data transfer purposes I'd look
out for their pricing structure. I talked to a rep from Sprint 2 weeks ago
and he told me it would likely be in the cent/kb for 3G, i.e. so many
cents per kb of data transfered. Granted that doesn't seem much but if you
are like me and are on a fast connection (what they are saying 3G will
provide) I tend to do a lot more than just do a quick email check. Also,
if you plan on being an early adopter prepare to fork over beaucoup bucks
for a new phone and an overpriced connection cable with a proprietary
connector.

-J