[NTLK] jabber

From: Alex (admeddemda_at_f-m.fm)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 18:39:39 EDT

I've had some free time lately, and have been attempting to set up
newtJabber on my 2100. Bc I have an older mac (running 9.1), I am
limited to Jabbernaut as the Jabber client I can use.... I supposedly
set up an account with it, and have added icq contacts (in the form
of uin_at_icq.jabber.org), but I cAnnot communicate with anyone on icq
(even myself, lol). If anyone has any experience with jabber set up
on an pre X mac, I would appreciate some pointers. Offlist maybe? The
mac side isnt really on topic, but hey, it will hopefully lead to a
successful use of newtJab!!! I'm also on digest, so will get pers
replies quicker.

I have tried NCQ without much success (thanks, miribilis, for
effectively blocking other clients! not)
Jabber brings new possibilites....

thanks for any help
regards,
~Alex