[NTLK] LAnug wireless again!

From: martina wilson (redpilldog_at_earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Aug 04 2002 - 03:27:51 EDT

for those of you who didn't hear the last LAnug meeting was fantastic!
we managed to get 4 newtons surfing the web, and tech ed's site in
particular, at the same time. email was newton sent using my network
from as far away as across the street. it was in short... newton
paradise. with that experience to build on it's time to push the limits
and try new things. ICEberg technologies offers ICQ access for the
newton with NCQ. are goal is to wirelessly try out the instant chat
messaging program for the newton it promises to be historic as we
try to see how many newtons we can get involved.

when: sat aug 10
time: approx 7:30 or when people can get there
where: Apple store glendale galleria

once the Apple store closes, we will move the meeting to my house rather
than a resturant to take advantage of of my network.

want to participate?
go to:
http://www.ICQ.com
sign up and registar to get a icq # and nickname. this is what the
newton version uses also.

then go to:
http://icebergtech.hypermart.net/NCQ/
download the NCQ program this is now freeware according to there site.

get ready to have a blast!

martina wilson
vice pres LAnug
lanug_at_earthlink.net