Re: [NTLK] Recommended setup for wireless network?

From: IMNewtMan_at_aol.com
Date: Fri Aug 02 2002 - 22:14:10 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2002 7:54:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time, rob_at_hoehn.com
writes:

> I would be careful. I had the same linksys router and
> found out that for some reason it will not route
> appletalk packets from the wired side to the wireless
> side and vice versa. As a result, you would not be able
> to print from the newton wirelessly to an appletalk
> printer.

Well, I have never tried to print to an appletalk printer wirelessly so I
will assume that you are correct. Of course, I am having trouble finding any
printers that are using Appletalk on my network at work, so I have always
resorted to the PrintPack or IR printing. No Appletalk printers on my home
network either. All I see now is eTalk. Not being an Apple person I am
guessing that is the new protocol for Apple printing?

-Tom