[NTLK] [OT] add tourettes history newton correlation of psych eccentricities

From: SuerthP_at_andersonnews.com
Date: Thu Aug 01 2002 - 17:20:19 EDT

hmmm.. another poster, forgot who, mentioned curiosity over the correlation
of the list's incidence of add(ad/hd), tourettes etc. i have a
hypotheosis... although the trail of logic is a bit jaggy... see if it
makes sense:

1)ad/hd roughly equal to "hey, my brain needs more than, else it makes me
angry/anxious/unhappy", epileptic and other type of siezures usu
accompanied by frenzied neuronic activity (willing to bet my brain
'stumbles over itself' during stuttering or tourettes events)
2) electronic devices require (in our time) higher than historical
requirements of attention and non-linear thought to accomplish tasks (i.e.
thinking around the corners)
3) newtons just happen to be an early and portable (i.e. personal and
constantly accessible, well maybe not constantly) device fulfilling the
statements of #2 (my own situation made me feel addicted to whatever i was
focused on, having to expend significant mental processes , thought games
etc,to calm myself to get 'out' of my obsessive trap)
4) the newton, fulfilling a role in our somewhat uncontrollable desires
giving a positive and productive outlet for our non-traditional mental
capacities
5) ergo, higher incidence of population set averages on the newton list
(prolly pda's and computers in general) for incidences of these types of
conditions....

clear as mud eh?