Re: [NTLK] Synching - Was [All sorts of stuff]

From: Bryce Lynch (bryce_at_telerama.lm.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 13:41:52 EDT

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Scaringi, Stephen wrote:

> 1. What OS are people running (Windows or Mac OS (9 or X - although I'd =
> be
> reluctant to write any OS 9 stuff) )

Linux.

> 2. Do you want a synch (like Palm has), one way transfer, either way
> transfer

Palm-like synch. It would make keeping copies of utilities that I use a
great deal much easier to organize (as well as copies of the data for
same).

> 3. Which bits i.e. notes, calendar, contacts, email etc.

Notes, Names, Dates (in order). Being able to back up my FortKnox data
would be nice, too.

> 4. What desktop PIM?

None of the above. My Newton fills that need for me.

> 5. What sort of connection i.e. serial dock or Ethernet
> others that I can't think of right now.

Serial.

--
Encrypted private e-mail preferred.