[NTLK] [OT] eMac Pricing...

From: Sushi (Sushi_at_ragingbull.com)
Date: Tue Apr 30 2002 - 07:13:48 EDT

>On 4/30/02 @ 6:15 PM, Andr=E9 Baron wrote:
>
>For one thing, according to my infrmation (can someone
>pipe in with the exact details) the new eMacs are going
>to be comming in around 900-1000usd, far cry from the
>"Twice that much [the $600 dell system]"

Education costing information on the new eMac systems:

CPU G4/700 G4/700
RAM 128 512
VRAM 32 32
HD 40 40
Disp 17 17
FW 2 2
USB 3 3
CD Combo Combo
Stand N Y

Cost 1250 1520

Notes:
- Prices are based on survey of 4 institutions.
- Combo --> DVD-ROM/CD-RW Combo Drive
- Stand --> Tilt & Swivel eMac stand

For reference, here is costing information on the traditional iMac
systems:

CPU G3/500 G3/600
RAM 128 256
VRAM 32 32
HD 20 40
Disp 15 15
FW 2 2
USB 2 2
CD CDROM CDRW

Cost 750 950

One nice thing about the new eMac, is that according to the overhead
photos, looks like it takes up about the same footprint as the
traditional iMac.

Sushi