Re: [NTLK] Newton battery questions

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 29 2002 - 16:53:35 EDT

nope...it's purely manual.
What I've done is I leave my rechargeable battery
connected to a lightbulb and a resister in series (I
forget the value, but it's small...something like 10k
but 5 watts) then put the contraption in a box with a
hole in it. When light no longer shines through the
hole, the battery is dead (I put a red lens over the
hole to make it look pretty) then I charge the battery
and do the whole thing over again. It helps to have a
spare battery (or the "AA" carrier while doing this.
Ed
web/gadget guru
http://npds.tek-ed.com (my NPDS server and it's new
subdomain)

--- Richard Barraclough <richard_at_sigma.ndo.co.uk>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do you recondition? Is there software to do it
> on the Newton like on
> PowerBooks?
>
> Richard.
>

> > Wow. After I recondition my battery, it takes the
> better part of an hour to
> > "fully" recharge then I don't have to charge it
> for a week or two... Odd.
> > Try using the newton until the battery runs out,
> and then charge it
> > overnight..thats what I do.
> >
> > -Chris
<snip>