Re: [NTLK] KeyCaps for NewtWorks?

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 14:46:36 EDT

on 4/26/02 4:05 PM, Chris Searles at csearles_at_netcologne.de wrote:

> Is there any program similar to KeyCaps for the Mac that will let me pop
> up a keyboard layout in NewtWorks so that I can see which character goes
> with which key? I use three different keyboard mappings and it would be
> helpful to remember which key is where in each language. (This feature is
> part of the Notes app. I don't understand why it isn't there in
> NewtWorks.)

Do you mean the onscreen keyboard? You can access it in Works as well. It's
in the paper part. Look in the Options menu. Once you have the keyboard
showing, simply tapping the shift and option keys will show you what
characters are available, as long has they have an accompanying keyboard
layout for them.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland