Re: [NTLK] aye, take that wee spider OOOT! was, Re: Toshiba does newton-size

From: mark (markds_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Apr 26 2002 - 14:01:15 EDT

Donald Wilson <marchie_at_mac.com> writes:

> On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 10:07 AM, Smith, Bradley wrote:
>
> > Good point. Like it or not though, the Scots are British...
> > for now.
> >
> > Brad

> Well, they have their own independant Parliment, and the
> Monarch has no power over law, so the claim that they are
> British is a bit anachronistic and deceiving of the way things
> are.

True-ish (the parliament is not as independent is it appears to be
and the Queen would probably annex Scotland if she ever decided to
place England under military rule and could presuade the army that
it made sense - joke), but unfortunately my passport is British
and it describes my nationality as British. As a Scot living in
Berlin in Germany though, I am usually reasonably pleased to be
referred to as a Britischer instead of the usual Englander.

mark.