[NTLK] Another Woo gem (was Pocket Quicken)

From: Phil Denton (nanjad_at_ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2002 - 17:42:43 EDT

Hello

Not all advice has direct, easy to follow steps, and in fact although well =
meaning could sometimes be classed more as suggestion or IIRC kinda stuff. =
I am easily confused or sidetracked by this and need KISS instruction.

Somehow I never question that Woo has "been there done that" when he gives =
a tip/fix. Some others can be similarly to the point and those postings =
often go to the archives as a 'fait accompli' without further mention apart =
from the thankyou.

Could I suggest that such valuable information be given due status by e.g. =
reposting with a bracketed subject header indicating 'tried and tested =
advice' [TATA], 'this actually works' [TAW],'known working solution' [KWS], =
or some such label. This might properly be done after confirmation the =
advice is good.

The subject label would make it easier to search the archives for known =
good solutions possibly not yet in the faqs or not in the manual . If a =
later problem was still not solved the reminder provided by reposting the =
earlier advice would help further discussion and avoid redundancy.

This suggestion is not meant in any way to discourage on topic conjecture, =
whimsy or trickery etc. which I love reading. I reluctantly confess the =
last few weeks have made extremely painful reading for me as I read every =
post of this (usually) wonderful resource/community.

Thanks Victor and the (you know who you are) others.

Phil Denton