Re: [NTLK] OT: PC notebook advice

From: Chet Johns (cjohns_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 15:46:06 EDT

Yeah, batteries are a big problem with pc laptops. My wife's toshiba will
only last about an hour between charging and that's without use of the CD
drive. On the other hand, I can watch a three hour movie on my powerbook or
do routine computing for almost 4 hours between charges. Also, I don't like
the touch pad on the toshiba. It seems too sensitive, often opening things
before you actually click on them (maybe that's a fault with xp). We've
tried reducing the sensitivity of the touch pad but it still seems too
sensitive. Virtual PC is a good alternative but runs much faster in 9.X than
in OS X. I recently upgraded to the latest version of VPC (5.something) and
it totally trashed the program. Some day I'll reinstall 5.0 from the CD but
find I don't use it as much anymore.
-Chet