[NTLK] OT on OT

From: Prabhakar Ragde (plragde_at_plg2.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 15:17:32 EDT

>I thought that the whole reason we put "OT" in off-topic discussions was so
>that people could filter that stuff out... Is this not working?

It doesn't work for those of us on the digest. And to forestall the
inevitable reply, yes, I know I can switch to individual mode and set
up mail filtering, but I don't see why a perfectly good mode of
operation (reading a digest when it arrives) has to get fouled up by
people spouting irrelevancies, or worse, too lazy to stop sending HTML
mail (not on this list, Victor has it filtered nicely, but on other
lists I'm on for some reason I have since forgotten...). --PR