Re: [NTLK] OT: PC notebook advice

From: Jesse Garnier (jgarnier_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 14:34:10 EDT

Seth Hurwitz wrote not long ago (4/24/02 10:47 AM):

> Thank you. Please reply off-list.

<IGNORE> ;)

If you must buy Windows, get an IBM ThinkPad. I've carried two notebooks
(Mac and Windows) off and on for several years, and have had the relative
pleasure of using ThinkPads from the 701c (remember the butterfly keyboard?
Still one of the coolest laptops ever) to my current X21.

The X series is very small and very durable. IBM doesn't include on-board
IEEE-1394 on its laptops though, but your friend could add it with a CardBus
PC card for $99.

</IGNORE>

Cheers all--

--Jesse