Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - US drivers

From: Hannes Wolf (teddythebear_at_magnet.at)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 04:49:47 EDT

On 2002-04-23 05:11, "Ed Kummel" <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I'm sorry, but that's kinda funny! I always think it's amazing what the
>> Europeans can do with small engines.

Which brings the off topic on topic again:
Isnt it amazing, how an ancient Newton2100 can run off 4 AAcells or the
built in rechargeable for a week, and a new Compaq iPacs last only a day,
if you are lucky, and this with the newest LithionPolymer battery
technology.

I guess efficiency is the keyword here...

BTW: a six cylinder 3.0 liter Porsche 911 with 250 hp and 260 km/h
topspeed uses less than 10 liters of gasoline per 100 km. And is still one
one the quickest from 100km/h to full stop again.
Especially when you have to use your brakes at full speed, its much easier
to get to a stop if the mass of your car is smaller than 1000kgs...