[NTLK] newton ghosts

From: Pedro Hobbyfrazoo (pjfraser_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 23 2002 - 16:45:27 EDT

yesterday i changed the mail client on my mac at work to m$ Outlook
2001, from Outlook 8.2.2 (i refuse to use the term "upgrade" when
discussing this sort of activity).

as part of the rather automated process to move to the new software, the
new outlook reached out to the old, and imported all sorts of
gawd-knows-what. some of it was good - my messages and "personal
folders" in which they reside were all moved over intact. some of it
was bad - appointments and address book entries now appear in duplicate
and sometimes triplicate. and some of it was...just weird - a small
handful of completed to-do entries, all dating from 1998, are now
showing in a pane in Outlook 2001.

i've never used "to do" in any way on my mac. nor have i done so on my
newt.

my oh my, you are saying. what could they be?

they're old to-do's from the first owner of my newt. they've been
sleeping in there, unseen by me for almost 5 years. and at some point,
when i was trying to make Schedule Plus tell my newt about my schedule
(long since given up), those to-do's must've gotten sync'd over into the
mac, where they've also slept unseen for years.

feeling a little like a digital accidental archeologist,

- Peter
pjfraser_at_alamedanet.net

"A computer without Windows is like a dog without bricks tied to its
head."